Nav

Life | Wear | Eats

Wednesday 9 July 2014

New In: MAC's Plumful


MAC Lipstick in Plumful - £15.50

As a beauty fanatic, you often hear about products and brands with such a large hype around them that, usually, you can either have one of two reactions to: you dismiss what's being said completely as simple, 'jumping on the beauty bandwagon' over-hype, or you get completely submerged in the the hype and become completely crazed until you get your hands on the product. Fortunately, I'm pretty level headed and have never succumbed to the blogger's hype. That is, until now.

Left: One swipe, sheer colour    Right: Built up to maximum colour
Of course, MAC has a wonderful reputation and a huge following within the beauty blogoshpere and worldwide, with some very die hard, dedicated customers. But, I must admit that I've always been sceptical: What can a lipstick that costs £15.50 do that my £5.49 one from Boots can't? However, one year ago I saw a swatch of MAC's Plumful on Youtube and instantly fell in love - I've always been attracted to plum and raspberry colours in terms of lipsticks more than any other, and, as you can see, this little beauty falls perfectly into that category. But, seeing one single swatch on a Youtube video was never going to be enough to make me spend £15.50 on a lipstick... The hundreds of other rave reviews and comments that then kept coming to my attention for the following twelve months, though? Of course I was going to cave.






"But why has it taken you a year?!" I hear you ask! I've always been particularly careful with buying beauty products to ensure that I definitely want them and that it should suit me; the thought of spending money on a product that I end up hating or getting no use out of horrifies me, so buying something on a whim rarely happens. At least a few weeks weeks of review reading and product swatching in store usually goes into buying a product - and that's just with drugstore. However, when it came to the point that I had dreamt about Plumful seven consecutive nights in a row, I just knew that it was finally time to give in.

One swipe, sheer colour

Built up to maximum colour











Plumful seems to be a lipstick that is loved by people of all ages and of all skin tones, and for good reason. As a Lustre finish, it gives a sheer but buildable pink-ish plum colour without ever drying out your lips. While the colour varies slightly person to person, I am yet to come across someone that it doesn't suit  - *hopes that the colour does actually suit me and I haven't just made a total arse out of myself*. And, whilst I haven't given it a real test yet, it appears to last a fair few hours before starting to evenly wear off. Are you rushing to your nearest MAC store yet?

All in all, I must say that I am extremely happy with my first ever MAC purchase. I predict that this will become my go-to lipstick for any occasion and it being the one that I recommend to anyone when they're in need of a new lippie. What I'm not so happy with? The long list of MAC products that are now sure to end up on my 'Must Buy' list. There's no saving me now...

What was your first ever MAC purchase? Have you ever succumbed to blogger's hype and been pleasantly surprised?  Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous colour. I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thank you so much, I've followed back!

      Delete

linkwithin

”related